In celebration of Professor David Embury’s 80th birthday we are holding a special symposium as part of this year’s conference. The symposium brings together many of David’s former students and close colleagues to give invited talks focusing on the future of materials science and engineering, with particular focus being given to:
- The Future of Ferrous Physical Metallurgy
- Precipitation, deformation and fracture in nonferrous alloys
- New avenues for study in deformation, strengthening mechanisms and fracture
- The coupling between deformation and phase transformations
- The Future of Architectured Materials
- New Directions in Materials Education & Research
We hope that these talks will inspire collegial discussion and debate, in honour of the thoughtful scientific discussions we have all enjoyed with David over the years.
There is an opportunity for poster presentations as part of this symposium. Each poster presentation will also be given a short time to introduce their topic during the oral portion of the program. We encourage submissions for the poster portion of the program.